RJ Byrd is working with a Dallas based private organization to recruit for an Accounting Supervisor. This individual will oversee the day-to-day accounting activities for the organization. This position will report to the Controller.
- Corporate accounting records management, including the month-end close process.
- Assist the financial planning & analysis team to record revenue and costs by department.
- Assist in developing and maintaining internal controls with financial reporting.
- Manage accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable activities.
- Assist with payroll processing, operations, compliance, and reporting.
- Research accounting issues for compliance with GAAP and necessary reporting frameworks.
- Assist with all aspects of tax reporting, including Federal, State, Sales, and Rendition.
- Manage the annual external financial statement audit including communication with external auditors. Identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances with client or vendor accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting.
- CPA license preferred.
- Knowledge and conceptual understanding of GAAP.
- Experience with accounting and financial processes.
- Advanced Excel skills and QuickBooks knowledge preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.