RJ Byrd has been engaged by a newer technology company who are transforming the Real Estate and Construction industries. They are a company creating smart and connected buildings to improve people’s health and wellness, while simultaneously reducing energy consumption to mitigate the effects of climate change. This company is the market leader in smart windows that let in natural light and enhance mental and physical well-being by reducing headaches, eyestrain, and drowsiness. Each of their installations include a smart building platform and communication infrastructure. If you have ever dreamed of making the world to make it a better place, this is your opportunity!
We are seeking an Account Executive to expand our client’s business in the Houston area. These AEs are business leaders within the community and represent the company and their clients in the utmost professionalism and serve as subject matter experts beyond just the company’s product. The company targets major construction or renovation projects in the commercial office, healthcare, aviation and municipal sectors. This position is responsible for creating and executing plans leading to new and repeat business with corporate real estate offices, developers, healthcare systems or other entities with significant real estate holdings and construction plans. This means both securing sales and staying in partnership with the operations team during construction and occupancy of the building. Other duties and challenges include:
- Develop an understanding of the local real estate market and use this knowledge to identify which developers are building and are best suited for this technology
- Create Key Account plans for acquiring new customers and growing existing business within that account.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of key accounts including key decision makers, past projects and planned projects
- Manage relationships with architects, contractors, and consultants within the ecosystem of individual construction projects
- Meet established revenue and sales targets on a quarterly and yearly basis
- Activate, prioritize and work with internal teams to produce and present benefit analyses, budgets, quotes, project plans, etc.
- Collaborate with Project Managers and other team members during and after construction.
- Stay up to date on the progress of each project and work with the key regional contacts to surpass customers’ expectations
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent work experience, Masters degree preferred
- Experienced in complex, enterprise sales with long sales cycles targeted at C-Level executives
- Experience in the Real Estate and/or Healthcare industries are a must!
- Possess a growth mindset and the desire needed to learn continuously and improve
- Ability to work with other disciplines and understands what it means to succeed as a team
- Exhibits all-in mentality, takes initiative & ownership, and can be relied upon to execute or ask for help as needed
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo in the real estate industry
- Demonstrated ability to build long term relationships with customers
- Superior organizational skills, high attention to detail, and strong financial acumen pertaining to sales and proposal numbers and applying them to construction budgets for the clients
- Thrives in high-pressure and competitive situations, and wants to “win”
Competitive Base plus commissions