Reporting to the COO, the CFO will drive all strategic and tactical financial and accounting interests for a food manufacturing and distribution business. This position will have a direct impact to the company’s overall growth, the plans to reach those goals and strive for continuous improvement. This is a very fast paced environment and considered dynamic in nature. Some, but not all the opportunities in this position are as follows:
- Partner with senior leadership and key stakeholders to reach financial goals and set strategies.
- Perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments.
- Manage cash flow by understanding Cash Conversion Cycles, identify capital requirements, and maintain policy and procedure for credit/collections, purchasing, AP, and other financial responsibilities.
- Gain an overall understanding of liabilities with vendor contracts, various taxes, contingencies, corporate insurance, and any loan(s) responsibilities.
- Master the business model to translate operational KPIs with BI dashboards, financial statements and forecasting to drive financial performance.
- Direct, lead and hold accountable the AF and IT business units consisting of up to 10 direct reports.
- Develop and monitor accurate and timely financials with analytics to oversee company’s performance.
- Oversee forecasting and variance analysis of project spending vs. budget plan, year over year comparisons, and driving cost control.
- Evaluate employee performance, training needs and develop staff of direct and indirect staff members.
- Manage outside relationships and create new, strategic ones for improvement for the company, such as banking, insurance, investment, and shareholders in conjunction with the executive team.
- Execute programs for capital that should support necessary working capital and investment needs.
- Oversee and approve all financial obligations for raw materials, IT, associated services, and other known and potentially unforeseen commitments of finances.
- Manage and analyze the financial impact of all transactions, including real estate contracts and leases, insurance policies coverage, maintain appropriate records, and prepare reports for stakeholders.
- Analyze shareholder relations policies and procedures and reporting sent to the Board and executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters and certifications a plus
- Minimum 8+ years general accounting, cost management, financial planning and analysis experience
- Excellent presentations and communication skills, both oral and written
- Proven experience as CFO, Controller or other finance leadership role
- 5+ yrs of manufacturing/distribution experience, preferably in food services and preparation
- Collaborative team-oriented abilities as well as independently
- Advanced skills with O365 with expert-level Excel for advanced formulas, pivot tables, etc. as well as strong PowerPoint experience
- Previous experience to develop SQL queries to manage and extract financial data from Excel and other software
- Bilingual in Spanish is desired