RJ Byrd has been engaged in a search to locate a hands-on, technical accounting Manager/Controller within a Private Equity firm based in Dallas, TX. The client focuses in the healthcare industries and finances a diverse portfolio including products, services, IP and various other needs.
Reporting directly to the CFO, this new hire will be responsible for accounting operations and the overall financial reporting of the firm. The firm currently has approximately $250M under management in 20-25 portfolio companies. This position can be based anywhere and/or offers an on-prem option for those in the DFW area. The expected duties won’t be limited, but are expected to include:
- Maintenance of accounting records and GL system, including all balance sheet reconciliations and subledgers for investment assets (loan, debt and equity, and non-hedging derivative accounting)
- Assist in producing quarterly financial reports, drafting of 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-Ks.
- Ensure GAAP and SEC compliance and support the quarterly and annual external reporting process.
- Document and maintain internal controls for compliance with SOX Section 404.
- Track stock awards and calculate stock compensation expense
- Timely management of vendor payables
- Must have strong technical and financial accounting skills
- Possess the ability to document accounting conclusions in technical white papers
- 8+ years in public accounting, Big 4 preferred, and large public company experience (healthcare and related companies are a plus)
- Solid understanding of US GAAP and SEC financial reporting regulations and requirements
- Possess a great attitude, is a consummate learner and displays eagerness to improve
- Ability to work independently when to involve supervisors, balancing competing demands
- Commitment to meet critical business deadlines, demonstrating a sense of urgency while delivering high-quality work products
- Exudes excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills with a keen eye to details
- Quickbooks Enterprise or equivalent