RJ Byrd has been engaged by a long-time client in the distribution industry to recruit a player-coach Network Manager. This manager will be responsible for hands-on individual contribution as well as leading a team of administrators and engineers for traditional network support and optimized operation, as well as migrating the current infrastructure out to Azure cloud. In addition to showing and mentoring others, this position will serve as the liaison between the networking team and other I.T. teams and non-technical business units on a daily basis. Developing and taking part in strategy sessions, project status meetings and on-going execution of projects will be key to drive network efficiency and availability. Other duties will include:
- Evaluating current infrastructure for current and future needs, performance and security.
- Meeting with individual business units to evaluate current performance demands and enhancing accordingly.
- Oversee, manage and engineer the infrastructure to include all infrastructure hardware, and planning for migration to Azure cloud.
- Analyzing current network status ensuring proper documentation and technical succession planning exist.
- Evaluate current infrastructure usage and plan for enhancements and/or modifications on prem and for migration to the cloud.
- When necessary, re-design infrastructure architectural and road mapping for hybrid and cloud management and migration.
- Oversee and mange team’s project execution and timelines.
- Manage department budgets, by planning expenditure needs and estimates, providing needs-based analysis and presenting to executives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, in addition to Cisco certifications
- 8+ years’ experience as an infrastructure engineer, to include experience with Cisco products
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written to provide non-technical explanations and articulation of Cloud and Hybrid Cloud environments to various business units.
- Excellent leadership skills to conduct meetings at all levels, cross functionally and technical teams.
- Experience configuring and supporting Cisco and Meraki network equipment in various networks and protocols.
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills to oversee and manage the entire infrastructure, taking into consideration of current needs technically and economically.
- Strong engineering skills for Microsoft networks, both on-prem, hybrid and cloud environments.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills to meet deadlines and manage expectations of team and other stakeholders.
- Possess a thirst for learning, constant improvement for personal and professional growth.
- Possess a proven track record of project management delivered on time and on budget