RJ Byrd has been engaged to locate a Lead Cost Accountant. This company is in the Oil and Gas located in East Texas. For over 30 years, this client has had a solid track record of success and reliability in a changing energy economy.
As the Lead Cost Accountant, you will be responsible for the accuracy of the company’s cost records, including job costing utilizing standard costs, profitability and variance analysis, and related reporting to management.
- Prepares day-to-day and month-end close entries. Assists with the month-end and year-end closing process.
- Prepares complex reconciliations for balance sheet accounts and various other general ledger accounts.
- Prepare financial statements, monitor monthly indirect rates and analyzes for financial impact for forecasting.
- Responsible for recommending and enforcing the internal controls, policies, and procedures.
- Prepare financial schedules to support incurred costs, financial reviews, and audits.
- Recommends, designs, and implements any necessary department controls and procedures.
- Review bank reconciliations
- Ability to Support AP & AR, Billing, PO Process, and other items as needed
- Work with Project Managers to analyze job cost reports as needed
- Monitoring unit cost variance
- Implementing cost standards for materials and labor
- Reconciling beginning raw materials, work-in-progress, and finished-goods stock
- Maintaining detailed costs in the company’s system and providing cost analysis which supports operations and sales and contributes to the company’s success
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Two + years of experience required, in a manufacturing environment
- Accounting/ERP system experience required
- Microsoft applications experience required – primarily MS Excel/Word/Outlook
- Positive and energetic individual that works well with all levels of the organization
- Ability to get along well with others
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, multi-cultural environment
$60-70k depending on experience