RJ Byrd has been engaged to recruit a couple of Network Admins for a local-based Mfg/Dist client. The position is responsible for supporting and monitoring all aspects of Microsoft365 and Windows/Exchange environment. As part of the immediate plans, this company will be moving on-prem technology to the Azure cloud to support their growth and strategies. In doing so, there is a varied skills set that will fulfill the clients interests. Among traditional administration activities, this position will be heavily involved with the migrating and updating of the environment, lead some of those efforts and working directly with business units, stake holders, and outside service providers to implement the best solutions going forward, and sunsetting obsolete technologies. More details about the position include but won’t be limited to:
- Administration of Microsoft365, including back-end infrastructure to include Exchange, OneDrive, SharePoint, Active Directory and Azure.
- O365 administration and support, current retention and group policies, security and compliance.
- Assist migration to Azure, and coordinating both inside and outside resources for efficiencies.
- Collaborate with the help desk and other I.T. teams, when necessary, to troubleshoot and remedy outages during and after migration.
- Before and during migration, monitor and manage VMWare, manage technical resources and provision as needed.
- Assist in the various software deployment and migrations using Microsoft SCCM.
- Bachelors degree in a technically related field strongly desired, or relevant work experience.
- Azure and/or AWS certifications or equivalent work experience desired.
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail. Proven troubleshooting, problem-solving, critical thinking, and effective communication skills.
- Strong analysis, problem-solving, critical thinking, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication to collaborate with teams and individuals, promoting team atmosphere.
- Strong ability to communicate technical jargon into business language for non-technical team members to understand
- Thorough support and administration of MS365, O365, AD and Powershell to include security best practices.
- Strong Azure and/or AWS management and architectural experience required.
- Previous experience working in hybrid MS environments, preferably with cloud migration projects.
- Prior SCCM management and deployment experience.