RJ Byrd is seeking a Senior Application Engineer for our client. This ideal candidate will have strengths in product development and strong understanding of product design to help build software products and define technical/software strategy in the Real Estate industry.
Our client is in the Real Estate investment industry with a national on-line presence to assist investors in making the best decision possible to achieve their greatest returns. In the last 15+ years, they’ve managed to create one of the best resources available for education, deal making, and networking within a supportive community of over 2M members.
- Build software allowing users to achieve their goals, taking ownership of the design and development of projects from start to finish.
- Write clean and pragmatic code while offering input throughout the product development process, knowing how best to apply technology to business problems.
- Take an interest in the growth of the team and the people on it.
- Build brand new feature or product, working across entire stack from frontend to backend, and refactor a legacy component or system, or improving its performance.
- Collaboration on high-level architecture for a solution to be implemented.
- Select a new framework, library, platform, or other technology.
- Turn a mockup into a working product that communicates with a REST API.
- Review of code written by other engineers.
- Conduct informal internal workshops to educate on best practices.
- 5+ yrs experience in development with Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Expertise with front-end web technologies and RDMSs
- Strong database design skills and with in-memory data stores
- Possess great database design skills and experience with in-memory data stores
- Experience with designing and building REST APIs
- Strong product development and product & system design skills
$140++, and depending on skills and experience, up to $175K+