RJ Byrd is working with a great boutique public accounting firm in the North Dallas area! They are looking to add a Senior Associate to their team. This organization is innovative, forward thinking with a track record of living up to high standards by having a culture of service.
This individual that will be hired will prepare and document tax provision calculations and disclosures, prepare estimated tax payments, extensions, and returns, research tax technical issues, and assist with income tax audits. This company is searching for someone with well-rounded tax experience.
- Work on assignments from the Tax Manager.
- Tax Accounting: gather and prepare inputs for the interim and annual income tax provision calculations, including components of income tax expense, deferred taxes, taxes payable, and uncertain tax positions, under tight time constraints. Administer the tax provision software. Create tax journal entries. Prepare or review account analyses and reconciliations. Draft financial statement disclosures.
- Tax Compliance: Map trial balances into the tax compliance software. Identify and calculate federal book-tax differences. Prepare federal return forms, extensions, and estimated tax payments. Prepare separate and unitary state income and franchise tax returns, extensions, and estimated tax payments. Research returns positions and the proper reporting thereof. Draft return disclosure statements. Assemble provision to return reconciliations. Prepare amended returns, claims for tax refunds, and statistical/informational reports as needed.
- Tax Audits: Gather support, research tax issues, and coordinate and work with outside advisors and/or counsel in controversy matters to effectively support the company’s tax positions. Respond to information requests and questions in a timely and accurate manner. Draft correspondence with taxing authorities.
- Special Projects: Provide technical research and assist in tax planning and other tax projects as they arise. Continuously identify, recommend, and implement process improvement ideas.
- Minimum of 2 years of public accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree in Tax preferred
- Adept in interpreting and solving complicated tax technical matter
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel
- CPA (or substantive progress toward) preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills