RJ Byrd is working with a client to hire a Financial Analyst to join their team. This company has a great reputation and will offer a true opportunity for career longevity. They have a strong, positive culture, a talented leadership team.
An overview is as follows:
Assist the Accounting division and Leadership with data driven activities that affect accounting, reporting, processes, internal controls, and business plans as well as company-wide data governance activities. Streamline, automate, and support financial data reports, processes, and analytics.
The ideal candidate will have a willingness to step in and take on duties, be flexible, eager, and understand the industry is fast paced. This environment operates as a start-up and is growing quickly.
- Comfortable with large data sets
- Reviews monthly financial performance, identifies trends, and offers advice to improve results. Provides analysis of monthly variances and identifies those that will be ongoing
- Improves financial models
- Experience in financial modeling, research, and drawing insights from data
- Participate in the annual budget process – creating models, prepare budget presentations and explanations
- Ad hoc reporting
- Provide insights for business improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Early career, 2-4 years of relevant experience in of financial planning & analysis experience
- GAAP knowledge
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as the ability to present, listen and accept instruction
- Critical thinking, strong analytical skills, ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to prioritize
- Cross-functional teaming
- Organized and highly detail oriented
- Self-directed, yet strong orientation to be successful in groups and on teams