RJ Byrd has been engaged to locate a Vice President of Human Resources for our client. This is a hybrid position, with the individual living in the East Texas area. For over 30 years, this client has had a solid track record of success and reliability in a changing energy economy.
As the leader of Human Resources this individual will report directly to the CEO and work with other leaders within the company as part of the leadership team.
- Develop and implement programs in all human resource areas including but not limited to organizational development, payroll and compensation administration, safety, employee development, succession planning, employee/internal communications, employee recognition programming, recruitment/hiring/onboarding, employee relations and investigations, coaching and disciplinary action.
- Identify and implement the People projects that are aligned with strategic business and revenue initiatives including professional development, employee engagement and performance management.
- Manage and mentor the People team
- Assist CEO with compensation planning, analysis, auditing and compensation policy and program, including bonus program recommendations.
- Work with local and field/regional teams to monitor adherence to internal policies and legal standards.
- Understand and support the daily management of various HR systems including JazzHR and Zenefits.
- Address employee relations matters expeditiously, invoking coaching and/or disciplinary action programs when required. Handle all matters that rise to the level of investigation.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all reporting and data analytics using HR metrics.
- Coach, mentor and train all levels of the organization as requested or required in the areas of leadership development, policy updates and changes, coaching training, other trainings.
- Anticipate and resolve litigation risk
- BA/BS in related field required
- 10 years’ experience in Human Resources or related field
- 5 years previous HR leadership experience in a position of influence
- Strong understanding of Texas employment law
- Experience with HRIS – Zenefits and Jazz HR strongly desired – must be proficient with technology, learn systems quickly, have an extreme eye for detail and understand various HR data tracking systems
- Ability to multi-task, and manage multiple priorities with similar deadlines
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and efficiency
- Must be detail-oriented and extremely organized
- Must be willing to accept changes of direction in work and priorities with a positive attitude
- Must be a proactive thinker and constantly think ahead to better serve our customers, both internal and external
- Excellent knowledge of TX/LA/OK employment legislation and regulations.
- Travel up to 15-20% may be required depending on the needs of the business and to understand/learn the business to be successful in the role