The VP of Construction leads all aspects of the process starting at Design Development thru Closeout. As a developer with in-house Construction, strong team management from beginning to project end is essential to enable a faster and more cost-effective delivery process, high quality buildings and increased control while providing predictable results to investors. The VP is a key leadership position within the organization and is responsible for project delivery and team member growth and development. This position reports to the SVP of Construction. Some, but not all the responsibilities are as follows:
- Drive the company culture on the foundation of their core values and guiding principles.
- Responsible and accountable for project execution and operational performance, which includes safety, financials, schedule, quality control and expectation management.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and motivation to team members.
- Communicate effectively with all team members and stakeholders to obtain project objectives and requirements to align with company’s interests.
- liaise and collaborate within their department and cross-functionally.
- Oversee the preparation and negotiation of all construction contracts for projects assigned.
- Ensure strict adherence to all ethics and compliance requirements.
- Review all final bank draws for accuracy.
- Participate in developing and approve construction budgets associated with all projects in the division.
- Ensure schedule compliance for all projects within the region.
- Promote and manage a culture that ensures safe and secure worksites.
- Assist SVP with personnel decisions and develop and implement objectives and strategies in support of company business needs, as well as actively participate in the development and execution of long-term strategic plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or similar discipline strongly preferred, or combination of formal education and 10+ years in management of multi-family construction.
- Minimum of 10+ years of construction experience with 4+ years of supervisory experience and 3+ years multi-family construction.
- Strong experience in Market Rate, Class A construction, as well as some affordable housing is a plus.
- Expertise in managing up to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging from 100-400 units per MF project.
- Possess strong leadership skills to develop and advance teams of up to 40 people directly and indirectly.
- Strong experience with construction management software (Procore, Bluebeam, eBuilder, etc.)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to interact with all levels of the company and construction teams.
$200K+ salary with heavy incentives