RJ Byrd has been engaged to locate an Accounts Payable Specialist for our client located in Dallas, TX. This is a law firm looking for someone with experience in either professional services (accounting, consulting) or the legal space. This role is focused on the controversy practice.
The AP Specialist will report directly to the Accounts Payable Manager and will be responsible for processing and coding vendor invoices, researching statements, and uploading all accounts payable information into the Elite Accounting System.
- Execute AP duties for the firm utilizing Elite 3E software and various other vendor websites.
- Review, reconcile, and process employee expense reimbursement utilizing Chrome River with very high attention to detail and accuracy according to firm policies.
- Communicate with and provides necessary information to vendors to resolve issues.
- Effectively and professionally interacts and communicates with attorneys and support staff.
- Research and respond timely and accurately to inquiries and requests.
- Review and process requests in compliance with firm policies.
- Handle variety and high volume of invoices and inquiries per month.
- Maintain current procedure documentation for all assigned responsibilities.
- Ensure strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Attend in-house training sessions on computer software and applications.
- Fax, copy, scan, and respond to emails as necessary.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years of AP experience in a law firm
- Experience with Elite Enterprise, Elite 3E, or Chrome River
- Proficient with MS Office software
- Cooperative in a team-based environment
- Resourceful, critical thinker
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines under pressure in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be proactive and have strong customer service skills
- Ability to organize workflow and manage time efficiently and effectively
- Ability to perform basic math skills