RJ Byrd has been engaged with one of our favorite Real Estate clients based in the Dallas area to identify a data integration engineer. This role is in the technology business unit and will be responsible for designing, developing and deploying integrations between industry specific applications and multiple vendors’ data subscriptions and related reporting to various business units within the organization. The successful engineer requires a balance between technical skills and business knowledge to drive reporting and business intelligence to be used for portfolio management and future Real Estate development projects. Managing integrations will include applications from accounting/finance, property management, and construction; and could include assisting with technical projects with the company’s ERP system(s). Other challenges will include the following:
- Driving strategy to ensure data integrity is consistent throughout all systems .
- Monitoring batch integrations and managing integrity to be used in reporting/BI.
- Be responsible for delivery of accurate data through reporting, BI and other delivery methods.
- Leading IT governance and processes to ensure data integrity.
- Gaining thorough knowledge of applications architecture, development, and integration from various vendors’ data formats and ensuring proper methodology is utilized for transformation into company systems and application.
- Writing custom/complex SQL scripts, interfaces, and reports.
- Configuring and automating transactional jobs and databases.
- Designing, developing and implementing technical solutions for reporting requirements.
- Traveling from time to time to other locations nationally.
You must be self-motivated with the ability to work effectively within a team. This position requires analytical and problem-solving skills, and a passion for detail and accuracy. Responsibilities include support and/or installation of software applications. Position also requires customer interaction concerning maintenance of software.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Computer Science or other technical discipline.
- Confidence and experience using SQL, SSRS, Power BI, SSIS, Python and other technologies beneficial to reporting high quality data.
- Experience interacting with various DBMS (SQL Server, Oracle and others).
- Experience in customizing and integrating applications, preferably Real Estate and/or Construction applications.
- Possess skills and characteristics of a problem solver who adds value while working outside of position duties by researching and learning topics and issues independently, providing creative solutions.
- Ability to travel to other offices and properties.
- Be self-motivated and multi-task and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to consistently meet deadlines.